Fixed Location Trade Vendor’s Licence
MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT
This procedure concerns the granting of a licence to professional Fixed Location trade vendors, for the purpose of practising open-air commerce at fixed locations. A professional vendor in this case is a natural person engaging in open-air trade who, as indicated in the decision as per Article 66(2) of Law 4849/2021 (Government Gazette, Series I, No 207), offers goods for sale which do not originate from their own production, and to whom a licence to operate has been granted by the competent authorities. Outdoor fixed location trade means the exercise of open-air commercial activity by a vendor who does not move from a fixed point determined and demarcated by the Municipality granting the licence. Licences are issued to natural persons and are granted via participation in a call for applications issued by the municipalities. Candidates must be unemployed and either have a proportional disability rate of at least fifty percent (50%) or more themselves, or must be parents or guardians of minor children with disability rate of at least fifty percent (50%) or more.
At a glance
|Points of Service||Points of Single Contact (ΚΕΠ – EKE)|
Points of Single Contact (ΚΕΠ – EKE)Directorates or Departments of Development or Commercial Departments of the
|Digital provision points||‘Open Market’ Integrated Information System (OPSAA)|
|Number of Documents||0|
What you will need
- Application / solemn declaration for issue of a fixed location trade vendor’s licenceFiled byPresented by the applicant (email)NoteThe application must include the information indicated in items (i) to (vi) of Article 4(1) of Ministerial Decision No 55332/27.05.2022 (Government Gazette, Series II, No 2660), i.e. the following: a) identity card details; b) Tax Identification Number (TIN); c) Social Security Number (AMKA); d) the type of items for sale; e) the registration number of any vehicle to be used (whether privately owned or another vehicle); f) the places where the business activity takes place; g) a solemn declaration pursuant to Law 1599/1986 (Government Gazette, Series I, No 75) by the person in question declaring that they do not hold any other type of open-air trading licence whatsoever.Applicant statusMINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT
- DescriptionReform and modernisation of the regulatory framework for the organisation and operation of open-air commercial trade, arrangements for recreational activities and the simplification of the framework for activities in education, improvements in chamber of commerce legislation, other provisions of the Ministry.
- DescriptionDeadlines for registration of public farmers’ market information in the OPSAA – Holders of professional vendors licences for specified locations - Temporary locations – Meaning of vacant positions – Holders of egg and honey producers vendors licences – Amendment of Article 66 of Law 4849/2021
- DescriptionCombinations of products sold in open-air markets, changes and additions to products, items listed on signs displayed at points of sale, and correspondence of items under older regulations sold by professional vendors.
- DescriptionSupporting documents required for the granting, transfer and renewal of producer and professional vendor licences and the corresponding market stall positions and rights to conduct business activities in open-air markets. Amendment of details of the Minister of Development and Investment Decision Ref. No 21061/25-02-2022 (Government Gazette, Series II, No 980).
Any person with a legitimate interest may register an objection to the decision regarding the results of the announcement, before the competent authority, within a deadline of fifteen (15) days from the date of publication of the results. The objections are forwarded by the competent service department to the committee duly appointed to review objections.
The licence is issued to professional fixed location trade vendors for a corresponding specified business location and is granted by the Municipalities of the country following issuance of a notice calling for applications. No vendor may occupy more than one (1) fixed location business site in any municipality.